Everyone is encouraged to participate in AFM Open-Mic sessions, guests and non-members alike.
This is a great opportunity to:
- tell us about a recent film goal you accomplished
- introduce yourself to the group and tell us about your skills and interests
- practice your elevator pitch for your new project and tell us what kind of help you need
Guidelines for Open-Mic
- Please limit your announcements to 90 seconds. We apologize if we cut you off.
- Please avoid cursing and keep your announcements PG. We are guests in our hosts’ homes.
- Consider what points you want to make in advance. 90 seconds goes quickly when filled with uh’s.
- For many filmmakers, speaking on the mic in front of a group can be very intimidating. Please keep an open mind, so that our members and guests will feel comfortable and relaxed enough to speak. Thank you.